We made a video about the basics of ND gels the other day, and given that we don't have a grip truck to haul stuff off of we had to go actually buy gels from the photo supply store. I took the opportunity while there to grab another of my favourite things on the earth, a little sample-book put out by Lee Filters (Rosco makes them, too) containing little swatches of all the gels and scrims and reflectors that they make, which is a lot of different gels, scrims and reflectors.
Each sample is about 1" x 4" and it comes with a little card that's got its name and its spectral transmittance, which if I was smart I'm sure I could use to draw some conclusion I couldn't otherwise reach by actually looking at the gel. I love flipping through this book thing because it's full of stuff I've used, practically speaking: NDs, diffusion of all sorts, CTO, CTB, reflectors and such, but it's also filled with hundreds of samples of weird stuff that lets me pretend to be Dante Spinotti: "I didn't ask for C.T.B., I asked for Lee #723, Virgin Blue, and if they don't have that, I want Shanklin Frost or Old Steel Blue."
Man if I had a bunch of dough I would make a seriously colourful movie is what I think I'm getting at
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades