Cyrus comes out tomorrow, having wowed people at Sundance and at SXSW where the directors, the Duplass brothers, had earlier success with their mumblecore feature The Puffy Chair. It's very funny, and very well made and it should be of particular interest to lo/no-budg filmmaking dudes and dudettes because it is literally the model of what can be done with talent and hard work.
Of course, we don't have Catherine Keener and Marisa Tomei and John C. Reilly and Jonah Hill beating down our doors to be in our cheap-ass features. Be that as it may, the flick is an exemplary piece of indie filmmaking: no CGI, no expensive gags, just a couple maybe three scenes with a bunch of extras, a small cast of funny people, and a spectacularly good script that takes place in a handful of locations. It's kind of inspirational, and it ends up having more suspense and humour than almost anything else Hollywood's cranked out in the past 6 months so Czech it out if you haven't.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades